Argentine or Creole Empanadas
- 500 g of Argentine empanada dough
- 250 g of beef tenderloin
- 3 onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped olives
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (white only)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin and minced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground chilli
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- (To taste) sunflower oil or olive oil in Argentina at some sites used lard
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 red pepper
Preparation of the filling of empanadas argentinas
- Cut the steak knife into equal small strips. Crush in a mortar ground chilli, paprika, cumin and a tablespoon of white wine.
- We adobamos pieces of meat with the previous paste and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. (step 1-2 should make the day before and leave overnight in the fridge well covered meat).
- FRY in a pan with (2 tablespoons) olive oil and set aside the meat with its juices. This process is only to scare meat, i.e. to pass it very little.
- Chop onions, chives (in the absence of green onion), chives (the sum of the 2 must be double the amount of meat) and the peppers into julienne strips.
- Add more oil and fry the onion and pepper to fire very slow, which soften but that is not golden. Within 10 minutes, add the white wine (a ribeiro you would be fine). The entire process is 20 minutes.
- When we add the sofrito soften the meat and broth. Salt and pepper to taste and reduce but remaining broth to make juicy pie.
- This process is 5 minutes. We introduce the hard boiled egg chopped in large pieces and very chopped olives. All the stuffing mix and leave it to cool down to make pies.
Preparation of the Argentinian empanada
- We enharinamos the kitchen countertop and stretch the dough with a rolling pin until it is us with a thickness of 2-3 cm. We cut the pies with a cup (I use one of the cups of breakfast) about 15 cm. diameter.
- Add the filling to each pie, 1 tablespoon of filling on each one. Is very important that this cold filling so mass stamina when frying it.
- Paint the edge of the pie with the help of a brush cooking and beaten egg.
- Cover with the other half well stretched and sealed it by the edges, braiding the bottom over the top with the help of a fork.
- FRY in abundant mild extra virgin olive oil (the oil must be hot).
- We got pies when browned. We put them on a plate with absorbent paper and ready to eat. Careful, you us achosen.